Friday, April 10, 2015

Breezy Stillness



Everything is quiet, peaceful. The wind is rustling through the trees.

Thoughts of all kinds race through my head; thoughts that I can’t even label. Thoughts that leave me confused. I don’t want to think and figure them out. I make a much needed call to my mom and talk with her for a bit. Now I want a hug that only she can give.

It was a long week, though we only had school for four days. 

I’m tired. I’m a little bit sick. I need to go to bed. 

But the stillness of this breezy night keeps me up. The peacefulness relaxes me. 
The wind seems to blow away my worries and cares.

I know my bed is comfortable, and I can hear my pillow calling my name, yet I sit on the hard ground, refusing to move from this moment of silence amongst the craziness of life. 
It’s a comforting atmosphere and I don’t want it to end. 

It’s these moments of stillness that comfort me, relax me. This week I’ve had several of these much-needed moments. It’s been beautiful. Blessings from God.



No comments:

Post a Comment