Friday, March 6, 2015

Sunset Moments

The sun is on its way down. Rain is flitting about, not committing to pouring or going. Wispy clouds peacefully drift across the cloud covered sky. The entire sky is alight with color. A beautiful, whimsical coral-colored sky changes colors like an octopus. An unbelievable shade of pink-tinted lavender replaces the coral. Dark trees strikingly stand out against the backdrop. The smell of rain lingers in the air. It’s one of those moments that I can’t even find the words to accurately describe. A dark shadow of a bird soars across the colorful sky. Colors deepen. Darkness falls. I can’t take a picture, because no picture would do the scene any justice. The moon, peaking out of a small gap in the clouds, shines in the dark; it’s soft glow reflecting on the thin, passing cloud wisps.

“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

This was one of those moments. Breath-taking beauty. As I watched the world become dark around me, I couldn’t help but marvel about the Great Artist. He does everything so perfectly, so wonderfully. I can’t even describe it. As I was left in the dark, my heart could do nothing but smile. It was just one of those moments. And it’s moments like these that give me hope. In our sin-drenched world we often see more scars than beauty. But that doesn’t limit God. He can make anything and everything beautiful - and that gives me hope.



I didn’t get any pictures of the sunset I described; however, these are some pictures of the sun reflecting on clouds as it made it’s way down the next night. Again - beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment